Exporting Video Data
The Videos page provides the ability to export video metadata for all of your videos or a subset of videos. When using this feature, keep the following in mind:
- URLs for renditions and images are not fixed. Brightcove reconfigures the storage of media assets from time to time and when this happens, URLs for specific assets will change. If you are relying on hard-coded URLs to these assets, the links may break at some point.
- Double-byte characters such as Korean and Japanese will not display properly if opened in Excel. This is caused by the fact that the generated .csv file is encoded by UTF-8 and Excel does not support it properly. To fix this, the .csv file should be re-encoded by ANSI, then, it will be displayed properly in Excel.
To export video metadata, follow these steps.
- Open the Videos page.
- If you want to export data for specific videos, check the checkbox next to the videos.
- Click Export at the top of the page.
- Select the videos to export:
- All videos in this list - Exports video metadata for all videos in the account
- x selected videos - Exports video metadata for only the selected videos
- Check Include current URLs for video renditions to include the video rendition URLs. Checking this option with a large number of videos selected will increase the time required to generate the export file.
- Click Export Data. The data export will begin.
- When the export file is ready, click Download File to download the video data file to your local computer.
The .csv file will be named with the Brightcove Engage™ account number. A third-party spreadsheet program can be used to view the exported video data.
Exported video data details
The table below outlines the video data fields that are exported.
Brightcove Engage account ID
|complete||Indicates whether processing is complete|
|created_at||Date/Time the video was created|
|created_by||Information about the user who created the video|
|custom_fields||Video custom fields|
|description||Video short description|
|duration||Duration of the video in milliseconds|
|images||Information about the poster and thumbnail images|
|long_description||Video long description|
|original_filename||Original filename when video was uploaded|
|published_at||Date/Time the video was published|
|schedule||Map of start and end date-times for the video availability|
|sharing||Map of the sharing properties for the video|
|state||ACTIVE, INACTIVE, PENDING, DELETED|
|tags||Array of tags assigned to the video|
|text_tracks||Array of text tracks (WebVTT files) assigned to the video|
|updated_at||Date/Time the video was updated|
|updated_by||Information about the user last updated the video|